Power Stabilizing Converters
12V & 24V DC Stabilizing DC-DC Converters
Feed sensitive electronics with proper voltage regardless of battery condition. These stabilizing converters provide continuous, precisely regulated output over the entire range of a battery's usable voltage. This prevents subjecting loads to fluctuating input voltage which can cause shutdown, diminish performance and possibly damage sensitive circuitry.
Application Benefits Include:
- Operate electronics at optimal input voltage, even from nearly drained batteries
- Boost voltage to compensate for voltage drops in long wire runs from batteries
- Eliminate voltage drops during momentary high current drain from batteries, as during engine start
- Eliminate voltage fluctuation from charge sources
- Eliminate voltage overshoot due to sudden removal of high current load
- Operation as a battery charger (contact Newmar)
- Parallel/redundant operation (contact Newmar)
- High Vibration Mounting Kit
- Non-standard output voltage (contact Newmar)
These converters provide total input/output isolation, virtually eliminating conducted line noise and permitting connection of negative ground loads to positive or floating ground systems, or vice versa. They can also be modified for use as battery chargers, allowing maintenance of a battery at a great distance from the charging source, providing reserve power if the main source fails. The rugged anodized aluminum case is ideal for mobile applications.
|**11.5 VDC minimum start-up voltage, then operates @ 10-16 VDC from 1 amp minimum to full load|
*11.5 VDC minimum start-up voltage, then operates @ 10-16 VDC from 1 amp minimum to full load
Output: 12 or 24V, nominal, see matrix
Ripple: 150 mV P-P maximum
Regulation: 1% Line/Load
Duty Cycle Ratings
Intermittent: 20 minutes max on time, 20% duty. Current limit set at approx. 105% of intermittent rating.
Continuous: 24 hours, 100% duty
Idle Current: Less than 100 mA (including power “ON” light )
Operating Temp: 0-50° C, Derate Linearly From 100% @ 40° C To 50% @ 50° C. Thermal shutdown @ 70° C Case Temperature.
Switching Frequency: 40 Khz.
Efficiency: 85% - Typical.
Isolation – Output/Chassis; Input/chassis: 250 VDC
- Anodized aluminum heat sink case
- Front panel terminal block
- Heavy duty mounting flange
- Conformal coated PC board
- Operation as a battery charger (contact factory)
- Parallel/redundant operation (contact factory)
- High vibration mounting kit
- Non-standard output voltage (contact factory)
See Isolated and ISP Series Converters for complete specifications and mechanical description.
The Extreme Vibration Mounting Kit is available to protect NEWMAR power converters from the extreme stresses of shock and vibration when mounted on high–vibration vehicles.
The kit (pictured here) replaces the standard vibration kit provided with the unit and fits into the unit's mounting flange to act as a "super shock absorber" for electronics in high-vibe applications. It is available to fit all NEWMAR units from 2 to 70 lbs. Specify KIT–L for units which weigh 2–15 lbs. and Kit–H for units which weigh 16-70 lbs.